This is an unofficial place where you can interact with the intranet but instead of clicks, you will do it with commands.
- What is Hippokampe?
- Why Hippokampe?
- How did the idea come about?
Hippokampe by David Orozco from CH11.
Hippokampe is a unofficial CLI program designed for the Holberton community and focuses on helping Holbies simplify their Holberton related day by the Holberton community.
- If you are looking for a tool that could help you to boost your productivity.
- If you are looking for a way to do the thing easily.
- If you think that you lose your focus when you are working.
- If you think that you work better with commands.
- If you are a fan of commands.
- If you want to test new stuff.
When I started my first trimester in Holberton, I saw that every day, I did the same:
- Go to the intranet.
- Check the current projects.
- Read the documentation and tasks.
- Understand the basics.
- Copy the prototypes, commands, code, etc.
- Try to make the tasks.
- Learn in the process.
- Get stressed and frustrated.
- Try again.
- And that’s
That is how it almost looks like a normal day. I’m not saying that it’s boring, what I’m saying is that is the first 5 steps, are almost the same, so we as a software engineer, we want to have a tool that helps us and greatly facilitates our lives and days.
And that is when the first questions came from:
- Where is the place where we stay almost all day?
- What a software engineer prefers, keyboard, or mouse?
- What are the main actions that need to have?
- What it’s the scope that will have?
And the answers:
- Check your code and generate a project
- Use it by the global community and recognized as the official tool by Holberton